Monday, January 27, 2014

Thank You God for Creating the Coconut Tree.

I am really grateful for the coconut tree. I am not sure why though. It is just so green on the outside and then a little cream on the middle part and then really white on the inside. I always wonder what model the creator was working with when he created the coconut tree. But this post is not about the coconut tree. I just thought it would be interesting to begin on that note. What I really want to talk about is what to do with money you find on the streets/bus/wherever.

Here's a funny story. On Tuesday a good friend of mine offered to pay for my hairdo. I usually do it myself but I was not excited about working out my muscles before school. So I was grateful for this miracle. Even though I got all of that money, all of it did not really belong to me since I had to give a tenth of it to the church(see Bible about paying tithe). So I thought to myself, what if the hairdresser takes all the money? Do I still have to pay tithe from my own income? As I walked out of the bus contemplating what to do, my iris identified some green and brown notes, stuck under a passenger seat in the bus. I quickly picked it up even though I was supposed to be exiting the bus. I somewhat asked the lady on the seat if the money belonged to her but she just looked away. I assumed she thought I was offering her the money. But why would I offer her money? So I put it in my pocket, feeling guilty that I had sort of "stolen" money. Interestingly, the amount I found was exactly what I needed for my tithe. I called it a miracle. Thanked Jehovah and gladly gave it away.

Here's what you want to do if you find money on the floor.
1. Do not hesitate to pick it up.
2. Wait around for a while to see if someone returns or asks you if you have seen money around
3. If you are in an enclosed area, (store, work place, school) and you find the money in an envelope or purse, bag, please do someone a favor and take it to lost and found. (I once reclaimed my lost dollars at Macy's(34th street).
4. If you are not sure whom it belongs to, use it for a good cause. Give some away to the homeless ...

The lesson here is: Don't go around deliberately looking for money. Let it find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad 1