Thursday, February 4, 2016

The Banana Theory

Before you read this post, you must eat a banana. Do NOT PROCEED UNLESS YOU HAVE A BANANA IN HAND.

I have a friend who thinks a banana can solve all your problems.

"I'm feeling sick"

"you know what will do? A banana."

"I don't feel like eating."

"You should try a banana."

"I feel dizzy"

"You know, a banana actually helps with your equilibrium."

"He just broke up with me."

"You should try a banana."

I have declined all these offers unfortunately which means that I am still sick, can't eat and feel dizzy. And honestly because I am more of a strawberry girl. But I am more amazed about his commitment to the banana and its healing efficacy. I'm sure if I told him I was about to die, he would suggest eating a banana to make sure termites and maggots stay away from my appetizing body.

My banana theory friend also thinks orange juice solves a lot of problems. After which  I opened the window to my kitchen dorm and revealed the imaginary banana and orange farm I have been growing.

You should know by now that I am not a health fanatic. But, I have recently been juicing: kale, apples, ginger, avocado, spinach and mango juice. It has left me in a very vulnerable stage because I feel I am drinking something healthy but my palette responds otherwise.

On a good day, I will eat a banana, with some peanuts.

But if you do want to try eating a banana, here are some of the benefits:
(Disclaimer: Even the peels are EDIBLE!)
* overcoming DEPRESSION
* sustains blood sugar
* fights muscle cramps
*high levels of vitamin B-6 which does a lot of awesome things like fighting agains type 2 diabetes, reducing swelling, aiding in weight loss.
* prevents kidney cancer
* relieves itching from bug bites (inside of banana peel)
* makes you more alert, especially with learning.

And I can go on!

I am probably going to start a banana business with this friend so we can make money and feed some health into the world. Maybe a banana drive through, who knows, don't steal my idea though!

image from fanlala.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad 1