Friday, March 18, 2016

In Praise of Art





I have learned to adore a pen and a paper more than anything else in this world.
I am grateful to my right hand which delights in following every step of my dreams.
I congratulate my eyes for lying open during dark nights and heavy seasons.
A standing ovation to the neurons and axons and cerebellum and cerebrum that continue to adorn me with the beauty of intelligence.
I commend my eyes for allowing me to see, and if blind, I would have thanked my ears 
What a traitor to forget the nose and the tongue: expression will never be the same without you.
What is a writer without a heart, a pulse to pump a  flow of interest and desire of wealth through these valves?

I thank God for life; mine and everyone else's' that allows me to write.







image by William Ste. Marie

2 comments:

Ad 1