Tuesday, March 25, 2014

All Things Work Together for Good?


Today has been a very lovely day. It has also left me shaking my head a few times and I thought I would share because ...

I started out my day as I usually would. I had not woken up early enough for school and I was running late. I refused to be late today though because I had been late so many times. I left my house exactly at 9 am  hoping to get the 9:06 am bus  but the bus didn't arrive until 9:11 am. I walked into the bus, feeling up my jacket for my metro card but it was not there. So I looked in my backpack but it was not there either.

"Can I please get a ride?"
"What?"
"I can't  find my metro-card. Can I get a ride?"
"No"
"Please I can't find my metro card"
"You need to get some change from the store."
"Can I please get a ride?"
"No"

So I walked out. Not at all embarrassed because it wasn't the first time a bus driver had done this to me. I had learned how to handle New York City Bus drivers. I turned around and checked my pockets again and voila!. It was there all this time but the bus wasn't. It had already reached its next stop and I was determined to get on that bus. I would be in school on time and I would make the bus driver feel little bad. Nothing more. I run like I had never run before. The last time I run this much was probably in high school. I didn't make it in time to catch the bus but there was still hope. I continued to the next stop. Green Light! no no no.

Fortunately, I made it on the bus. I didn't care to let the bus driver know that I had found the card. But I had heard a sweet voice(aka The Holy Spirit), saying this would be the most difficult part of the day. Boy was I glad it was over.

Like magic my day did gradually get better. I was coughing profusely after this marathon and right before I got off the bus, the girl who I was sitting next to offered me some vix. It is the first time anyone (stranger) has ever given me anything on the bus. I was truly grateful.

When I got to school, I tutored such a lovely student. He was a music major who played the saxophone. All the while, on the bus, I had been thinking about how to spread the word and ways not to be awkward about it. I asked the student how music major was going and he said something about God giving him a great opportunity. There is that great feeling when someone knows the God that you know.

My day got way better when I recieved some funds I needed to attend a conference. I had asked for this way back in February but some Angels had moved heaven and earth to make sure I got it.

Thank You.. He does..to those that love Him and are called according to His purpose.  Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad 1