Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Unblogging

Everyday, as I climb up the stairs into my home, I say to myself, "what an interesting day, I will blog about it." But that never happens (well besides today) because I am trying to figure out what job to apply for next or what school I will be going to. In the end, I get a little stressed and end up sleeping on the couch...no blogging, no sharing of my incredible day.

I have been pretty busy just setting up myself for a lot of excitement. I started a professional photography business that focuses on portraits recently and that is simply exciting! But more importantly, I started realizing how relevant it is to be grateful. As a Christian, there is nothing more important than showing gratitude. God actually gets upset when He's showing you so much grace and favor but you decide to be ungrateful.

I went through a very difficult January which I will write about in July, but I have recently been having a lot of spontaneous blessings that I have created consciously by calling forth the good. This basically means I have been reading a lot of encouraging books like Joel Osteen's You Can You Will : 8 Undeniable Qualities of a Winner and actively reading and taking notes from the Bible. The fact is that life is hard work!!! But you can also create the kind of life that you want to live. So everyday, when I wake up I say "Something good will happen to me today, Something amazing is going to happen through me, I am complete in Christ, nothing missing, nothing broken!" Believe it or not, amazing things have been happening, like Monday, when I met a man from my church who bought some groceries for me! He is faithful.

All this to say that I repent my unblogging lifestyle and pledge to write more often.

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad 1