Friday, June 5, 2015

Finding Sebastian

I love this piece because i have no idea how I wanted to end it. Enjoy!

I only thought about him a few times after the bread incident. I couldn't go around  the whole schoool searching for guys who liked bread. But whenever I went to the cafeteria I made sure I got some bread and looked all over the cafeteria for a guy with curly hair. I think he had green eyes. I never took  time to observe.

But I found him. At the Lamont library cafe. I sat quietly scribbling what I thought was a good revision to a paper I had previously drafted. I lifted my head just in time to see his slightly bent back making it to the other side of the university. I just stared quietly. Excited. He lived near Lamont. Maybe he didn't ,but I had found him.

He never passed by Lamont whenever I was there, but one day I found him sitting a few feet away from my seat at the cafe. My heart raced with enthusiasm. I sat at my regular seat facing the door, with my back turned to him and his friends. They spoke Spanish. I couldn't piece the nouns and verbs and proverbs to create sensible English sentences. I simply waited. He passed by me and I whispered a soft "Hello." He must not have heard me in the very quiet library. My heart sunk deep. He was soon to return and I decided to smile. But he looked over my head. I sighed in frustration and scribbled nonsense on my paper. I stayed for a few minutes after he left but returned few days after. He was there this time and alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad 1