Thursday, May 30, 2013

I Love my Love with a V by Gertrude Stein

Not Another love poem Afua!
Well it just happens to be that I really enjoyed the poems people shared in my poetry class and this one was one of my favorites. I have read it a couple of times and I still don't really get it. It seems only Ms. Stein and her lover will be able to decode this poem. Maybe that's why it was written in that manner in the first place. What letter do you love with?

 

I Love My Love with a ‘V’ by Gertrude Stein

I love my love with a v

Because it is like that

I love my love with a b

Because I am beside that

A king.

I love my love with an a

Because she is a queen

I love my love and a a is the best of them

Think well and be a king,

Think more and think again

I love my love with a dress and a hat

I love my love and not with this or with that

I love my love with a y because she is my bride

I love her with a d because she is my love beside

Thank you for being there

Nobody has to care

Thank you for being here

Because you are not there.

And with and without me which is and without she she can be late and then and how and all around
we think and found that it is time to cry she and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad 1