Sunday, April 6, 2014

April 6th- Betrayed

Betrayed

if rage could be dipped in butter,
and melt in a frying pan,
I will be that heat in glory
steaming to burn the life out of you.
The lies you told me crippled my eyes.
I felt the coldness of your mind,
and the knife you held close to my heart.
Truth be told, I always saw your hands
dripping of cold sticky blood.
You washed with water from the purest valley,
but the scent of life remained fresh.
Now we stand face to face
You wound me.
You rip my love apart.
I bleed dark hatred.

I wrote this poem because I was so very angry. It wasn't a break up or a guy trashing my love. It was a friendship that had been mishandled. Maybe I was taking things too seriously but at that moment I felt betrayed and the excuse was just not good enough. I am grateful for the experience even though my friendship with that person is not as strong. However, I have learned to walk around with forgiveness in my pocket...

1 comment:

  1. Love this poem but who got you that mad??? Do I need to beat that person up? (Really ironic if it was me)

    ReplyDelete

Ad 1