Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Mirror

I have two poems for you guys today. "The Mirror" and "Looking for the Song in my Life." Both poems were written as I began my 2nd semester in poetry class. I like writing poetry because I am honest. That is all I have to say for now.

The Mirror

Why do we
call Narcissus 
a fool
For falling
into the water?
let's ask the flower
it will know.
Our image drawn
reflects our imperfections.
If mirrors were oceans,
we might all be roses, lilies,
flowing amidst the stream.





Looking For The Song In My Life"

I forgot how to write a poem
how to make letters dance
and touch the skin of the brain.
So I began to sing.
I sand numbers,
calculating
the time and time
I thought about
rhythm and rhyme
alliteration
I whistled to the birds
some blue, some yellow
watching us converse.
The voices tell me
if you ever forget how to love
Just remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad 1