Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Valentine's Day....5 Days Later.


Here is something to keep thinking about even after Valentine's day is dead and gone. There are no more flowers to be sold and there are no more teddy-bears to be passed around. How was valentine's day for me? very interesting.

It started out as a completely normal Friday. I was of course running late for school and tried as much as possible to catch the earliest bus. I bought a crossaint which had a weird smell  but I had to eat it because I was hungry and I have decided to eat breakfast as my New Year's resolution. So on I went, eating my oatmeal and staring at that crosaaint.

The real action happened as I sat in the D train, making an effort to get home. I was so tired that all I needed was a good meal and a great nap. As usual the train was crowded so I decided to shift my skinny body to one side, hoping to get a seat as others got off. Fortunately I got a seat: unfortunately, it was next to a guy who wanted to find love that day. (At this point I would say I will use a pseudonym because I don't want to embarass the guy. Since I don't remember the guys name in this case, I will just make up a name:John)

John: Do you speak french
Me:(rolling my eyes and saying to myself mr.man I am tired don't start) No
John: Really you don't speak French?
Me: (Technically I do but I don't say all the words correctly and I have to think before speaking and I don't have the time to explain myself to you so no) No
John: Ohhhh
Me: smiling and nodding my head
John: where are you from?
Me: (If I tell him, he will leave me alone) Ghana
J:Oh that's nice. I'm from togo. My mom is from Ghana and my dad is from Togo.
Me: (to myself, thank you for sharing)
Silence
J: Do you speak ewe?
M:no
J:Hausa?
M:no
J:Oh okay.
silence
J: Tu est jolie
M:(this guy is just getting annoying by the minute)
Looking confused: what does that mean?
J:You are beautiful
M:Thank You.
akward silence then I notice him smiling
J:I would like to go on a date with you. Can I have your number?
M: pretending I didn't hear him) What?
J: I want to take you on  a date
M: okay
J: Can I have your number or will you take mine?
Me. I was so tired at that point I couldn't reach into my bag or pocket for my phone) Just give me your number. I don't motion to pick up a pen, paper, or phone.
J: how will you remember
M: (I'm not supposed to) I will remember
J:Am I bothering you?
M: (Yes) NO. why did I just say No? maybe I didn't want to be rude. Okay so no. Final asnwer.
J:ok
John then proceeds to give me his number and then I repeat it after him.
We also spoke about where we would get off but I didn't tell him where I would get off.

Lesson of the day, don't accept numbers on Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad 1